24x7 Customer Helpline +91 9619481056

What is Marine & Offshore Fare?

Marine & Offshore fare is a special airfare that airlines offer only to active crew members. They are either working onboard the seagoing vessels, yachts and rigs or they are in the process of joining seagoing vessels, yachts and rigs for employment purpose. The marine fare provides the crew with benefits such as

Eligible Crew Members

  • Employees involved in the day-to-day operational running of the ship
  • Ship's crew
  • Oil rig workers
  • Cruise ship concessionaires e.g. hairdressers or entertainers
  • Ship's inspectors and technical staff traveling to/from new-buildings or vessels in harbor or dry dock
  • Service Engineers, Contractors, traveling to/from vessel to carry out work on a vessel whether in dock or at sea
  • Spouses and children/youth (below 16 years of age) traveling with crew member or to/from a vessel where the active crew member is signed on.Note: Most of the airlines do not allow to use Marine & Offshore fares for Children /Youth/Infant
  • Workers engaged in contract drilling of offshore oil and gas wells & deep water drilling
  • Anyone employed to work on an offshore rig providing engineering, mechanical, scientific & management services such as Geologists, Rig \ Managers, Drilling Crews, Load-handling crew, Catering/Living quarter crews. In addition to normal offshore rigs, Jack up rigs, Submersibles, Drill ships, Floating Production vessels & Land rigs are also included.
  • Sub-contractors providing ancillary services such as ‘Mud Engineers’ & diving crews providing sub-sea well maintenance.


At boarding, the airline will request any or all of the following documents to verify marine fare eligibility:


We strongly recommend that a crew carry the proper documents. Any person not able to produce these documents upon demand by the airline may be denied boarding or will be required to purchase a replacement ticket at whatever applicable fare exists at that time. The marine travel company cannot be held responsible for any subsequent charges. In addition to the above proof of employment, crew members may require a Visa or Ok-To-Board message from the Agent/Shipping Company and/or other country specific documentation as well as valid passport to travel internationally.